Claims Information

Your Unemployment Insurance Claim

What type of unemployment insurance claim do I file?

There are several types of claims, each with its own eligibility requirements and filing procedures. Your previous employment situation will determine the type of claim you file.  

Regular Unemployment Insurance Claims - if you worked or earned wages in Mississippi
Interstate Claims - if you live in another state, but your base wages were earned in Mississippi
Combined Wage Claims - if you earned wages in two or more states in the past 18 months
Federal Civilian Claims - if you were employed by the Federal government within the past 18 months
Federal Military Claims - if you had military employment within the last 18 months

Additional Federal Programs

Trade Readjustment Assistance - if you lost your job because your company’s decline in production/sales was due to increased imports or outsourcing to any foreign country
Disaster Unemployment Assistance - if you lost employment as a result of a major disaster declared by the President of the United States
Extended Benefits - under special circumstances, you could receive additional benefits after you have received all the benefits to which you are entitled